ABOUT WOW! SUMMIT
Wow! Summit is a peer-to-peer one-day conference that engages students in the World of Work. It’s a transformational day of learning about the real World of Work, covering rights education, skill-development, and campaign planning.
WOW Summit will run on Thursday September 6 2018. Register now
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Wow! is open to years 9 - 12 students from high schools across Victoria. Schools may register a social justice club, or students with an interest in law, politics or social justice.
Wow! Summit fulfils a range of criteria across the Victorian Curriculum.
Years 9 - 10:
- Ethical Capability : VCECU019, VCECU020, VCECD022, VCECD023
- Personal and Social Capability: VCPSCSO050
- Humanities for Civics and Citizenship Learning Area: VCCCC035, VCCCC038, VCCCC036
- Economics and Business Learning Area: VCEBW026, VCEBW025
- History Learning Area: VCHHK131, VCHHK132, VCHHK135, VCHHK159
The program also appeals to a range of VCAL and VCE subjects.
Each participating school is offered mentoring by Young Workers Centres Organisers. The organiser will be available until the end of term 4 to support students to develop skills and lead change in schools and communities. Students are also connected to the Young Workers Network, who come together to share ideas, troubleshoot challenges and run regular events and meetings.